Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Boy, I love hockey.


I found my escapism: hockey. Last week and this weekend wasn't the best for me & I needed escapism. My escapism was last night at one of my favorite places in the world, Madison Square Garden. My first hockey game was a success I should say. I was beyond close, I was on TV, I saw my Marc Staal in the flesh, I had men in hockey uniforms, I fist pumped like a champ & screamed like a dude, & I managed to make a professional hockey player blush. Those seats were beyond amazing. Fifth row behind Rangers bench. Now I'm not a Rangers fan, but still that is something to freak out over. Never did I think in a million years my first hockey game would be at the Garden with those seats. Our seats were so good & expensive that we had a waiter. That's right, we didn't have to get up for food. Which is pretty kick ass, makes you feel like a spoiled rich kid not gonna lie. & our waiter totally ignored us thee entire game. She definitely thought I was like fifteen & waiting for my mommy & daddy to come bring me food. This woman would legit look at me & then walk away. If she was waiting for me to wave my hand & ask for food, that wasn't gonna happen. That's beyond rude to look at waiter & say get me food. She went up to everyone else but us. She was starving poor children! It wasn't like I was hungry anyway. I was way to nervous to eat something. I was calmer than expected & I didn't pass out. Even though the Rangers lost 4-3, it was still a pretty good game. They had a rough start in the beginning like always but they eventually picked up the slack in the third like they always do. & I have to say Marc Staal possibly has one of the prettiest head of red hair that I have seen in a while. I was completely jealous of how bright & red that hair was. It was gorgeous! Plus he was checking guys like the hard hitter that he is. He made me so proud! & of course I had to make my mark by making poor Mats Zuccarello blush! I still feel bad about that to this moment. Little Mats is really short for a hockey player. We're talking 5'7" over here. So when he went to the wall to get over to sit on the bench, he was so short that he had to put his chest down first then put one leg on the wall & then hop so he can get the other leg over. Of course, I, out of all the people in the world would sit there & point this out. So there was one point in the game that he was looking up & I was showing one of the girls what he had to do to get over the wall. & of course, he turned brighter than a tomato! He probably thought I was making fun of him when I actually thought it was the cutest thing on the planet. The poor kid would look at me every time he would come back to the bench & he would go through the door. Now that's embarrassing on both of our parts. But only would I get a professional hockey player to blush! & of course I was nervous as all hell. I watch hockey like it's a horror film. It's quite hilarious. I always think the worst of the worst is gonna happen to these guys, even though they have like the most amount of protective gear on. But all was well! I screamed like a dude & fist pumped like a champ. & I got my pizza from my favorite pizza shop in Manhattan on 46th. That was possibly thee best white slice I have ever had in this life time. It was love on a slice. Last night was pure bliss. It was something I needed to clear my head & make me feel absolutely at ease. Obviously I would have a few changes but those changes are gonna happen for a while. So I'll just have wait forever to have my perfect hockey game at the Garden: my best friend at my side, Rangers v. Bruins, fist pumping like a champ, pizza, nachos, pepsi, screaming like a dude, & high fiving & hand hugging with my buddy. But I'm obviously gonna have to keep dreaming. God knows where that kid is gonna move next. For all I know kid can be planning on move to the opposite side of the globe. Anyway enough of that. All I have to say is, I love hockey.

No comments:

Post a Comment